Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hartford Art School 2009 Alumni Show





























Above are a couple photos of me and my piece, Hand Drawn Facebook Statuses (micron drawings, scanned, digitally printed), from the HAS 2009 Alumni show.

I drove up from NY, but unfortunately and combination of working late and unexpected traffic got in the way of me actually making it there in time to mingle with friends and professors. I arrived right at the very end, food was cleaned up and there were maybe 4 or 5 other people finishing up their walk through. I skimmed the work real fast and saw some really great things.

What made up for the fact that I made it their so late? How about the fact that my piece sold! This was really exciting for me, probably more exciting than it should have been, haha. I feel like as a designer I am consistently commissioned to do work for others, the way they want it. So it was really great to have a piece that I created, just because it would be fun and just because I liked it, get enough attention to be sold. I'm assuming an old professor of mine made the purchase, but since I was not their in time to mingle, I may never know!

I plan to continue with my hand drawn typography, hopefully sell some more pieces, and eventually get commissioned to do more fun work like this rather than the corporate stuff I've been getting lately. Fingers crossed! :)

No comments: