Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 4th 2008



















I am so excited about the outcome of our presidential election last night, 11/4/08. I am a young voter (this was my second election I was able to vote in) and like many young voters, I was extremely passionate about this election. As a designer, I was also excited about the visual appeal of his entire campaign. I believe this certainly helped young voters relate to Obama, especially his understanding of internet communications to start a sort of grass roots following, and of course, his desire for change. If you have yet to take a look at the Obama/Biden campaign site, do so now to read all about his journey to the presidency, and take a look at the way his campaign was marketed toward such a diverse group of people. 

I'm also happy about this election because I am very close to my grandmother, and grew up with her telling stories about being passionate about our country; my grandfather and uncles proud to serve in the US military, and my grandmother equally as proud to take a train with friends from Massachusetts to Michigan to help prepare supplies for the war. I knew I was not likely to ever become such a supporter of any war (which I am not). But it was her other stories about awaiting the outcome of a presidential election, or being excited to hear a president speak and having a heartfelt reaction to what he was saying that I just didn't understand because I hadn't felt passionate towards our country like she did. Now I do, and that makes me very, very happy.

No comments: