Saturday, April 9, 2011

One Day Without Shoes Wrap-Up


Nyack's One Day Without Shoes last Tuesday was a great success! We heard live music, customized TOMS shoes, and walked barefoot through Nyack raising awareness for children that are forced to go barefoot every day.

Maria Whittingham (owner of Maria Luisa Boutique and ML Gifts & Accessories) and Nyack's Mayor Richard Kavesh each talked about how fortunate we are to have luxuries like shoes, that usually get taken for granted.

Here's a slideshow ML Gifts & Accessories put together from the event, and a short video at the Nyack-Piermont Patch.

Below are some of my own photos from the event; including the Eric Brown Band, some TOMS I customized, and the barefoot walk.

1 comment:

Eli said...

That's a really great event. Wish I had known about it so I could take off my shoes for a good cause.