Sunday, May 3, 2009

Finally on Etsy

So I finally uploaded some of my things on Etsy. Still working on how to photograph the clear plastic bottle stuff, but right now you can check out a few necklaces made with scrap wood, pieces of old jewelry, old buttons and more. 

I'm really finding it interesting to let the materials I have (and find used at yard sales) inspire my projects, rather than planning something then searching for the materials later. I like transforming the recycled items with paint, an x-acto knife and more. This definitely makes for a unique one-of-a-kind piece every time, so check out jessiekatz.etsy.com often for new items!

I participated in a jewelry/used book sale fundraiser at a church in NJ yesterday, and unfortunately it was not as successful as I had hoped. But it was fun doing my first show, even if it was small and I only sold a couple items. I don't think it was the right audience for my jewelry either. They were more interested in simple single strand beaded necklaces and things like that. Hopefully I will have better luck at street fairs this season and on sites like Etsy! 

If anyone has recommendations for street or craft fairs near Rockland County NY, or other sites online that would be appropriate for my stuff, let me know!

Below are a few photos of my things on Etsy, and items that will be up there soon...








































No comments: